Here are a few facts about ebook readers . . .
- Over a fifth of American adults have read an eBook.
- 63% of ebook readers are women, 37% are men.
- 60% of ebook readers are under the age of 45.
- 66% of ebook readers have a college or post-graduate degree.
- 40% of ebook readers earn over $75,000 per year (compared to 34% of print book readers).
- Ebook readers love mysteries, suspense, general fiction, romance, humor, and histories.
- 73% of ebook readers say that reading is an important part of their lives.
- EBook consumers are over 20 percent more likely to have household incomes over $100,000 per year than non-eBook consumers.
- EBook consumers are 2.5 times more likely to own a tablet than non-eBook consumers.
- Internet-savvy owners of eReading devices, when compared to the general population, are more likely to get recommendations from online bookstores or other websites (56 percent versus 34 percent for the general reading population).
Ebook readers are engaged readers. They are much more likely to read and consider book recommendations from others — as well as make book recommendations to others.
What does this mean for authors?
You need to develop your presence and build buzz across a wide range of online platforms where ebook readers can be reached (or might find you). These platforms include your blog, website, social networks, book sites, and more.
Remember: Ebook readers are engaged. If you can get their notice, they will tell more readers about your books.
So connect with ebook readers wherever you can find them. There are so many opportunities in today’s online world that you should be able to connect with thousands of new ebook readers every day.
What are you waiting for?