Here are the 9 rules for a creative person (or at least one person’s vision of such rules):
1. Do more than what you’re told to do. – Actually this applies to anyone creating, selling, marketing, or even doing grunge work.
2. Try new things. – Always good advice, again for anyone.
3. Teach others about what you know. – That’s what writers do naturally.
4. Make work into play. – That’s why I’m the Book Marketing Ambassador of Fun!
5. Take breaks. – Or make breaks :)).
6. Work when others are resting. – Creative people tend to put in a lot more work than others.
7. Always be creating. – And always keep having fun.
8. Make your own inspiration. – Your creative impulse must come from within you, but you must also use what happens outside you to inform and inspire you.
9. Love what you do, or leave. – My idea: Love what you do, or find a way to love what you do.
Source of graphic: http://infographicaday.com/rules-of-a-creators-life