Guest Post by Dante Fortson, Video by John Kremer
5 Ways to Start Borrowing Credibility Immediately
1. Start an online podcast. It’s simple. You can set one up within a matter of minutes. Check out these podcasting tools: http://bookmarketingbestsellers.com/podcasting-tools.
2. Make a list of 10 guests you’d like to interview. Make sure they’re at least somewhat recognizable within your niche.
3. Schedule at least one interview every week at the same time on the same day. It’s important to be consistent. Once you’ve scheduled an interview, ask your guest to tell their fans about the upcoming interview. After the interview is over, ask them to share the link to the interview on their social networks.
4. Promote each interview both before and after it has been conducted. Promoting your interviews is a great way to build your fan base and gain recognition in your niche.
5. Ask your fans to share. At the end of your podcast, ask your listeners to share it with their friends on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. Word of mouth recommendations are powerful tools for helping you gain credibility and recognition.
Oprah has made billions letting people come on her show and talk about themselves. The bottom line is: You gotta give in order to receive.
As you begin to put everything in place, and people become more familiar with you, they will seek out your work for themselves. Just make sure that you have links to your books on your blog and podcast page. Over time, you will see your book sales and reader base increase the same way that Oprah did.
About Dante Fortson
Dante Fortson is an Amazon bestselling author, marketing consultant, blogger, and radio host.