Book publishers have jumped on the ebook bandwagon, but they still have a long way to go to embrace the technology of ebooks as well as ebook promotion.
- 4 out of 5 publishers now publish ebooks.
- For every 100 print books Amazon sells, they sell 114 ebooks.
- The Apple iStore is only the 4th most lucrative sales channel for ebooks.
- 65% of book publishers have converted less than half their backlist titles into ebooks.
- 50 Shades of Gray sold 250,000 ebook copies before it was picked up to be published in print.
- 31% of ebook publishers are producing enhanced ebooks.
For a complete summary of recent ebook surveys, check out this infographic: http://infographicaday.com/infographic-how-ebooks-are-shaping-book-publishing
Relationships Matter Marketing Course: http://www.bookmarketing bestsellers.com – How to carry out a relationship building blast that gets millions of impressions, builds your brand, and sells thousands of books. $144
15,000 Eyeballs Internet Marketing Program: http://www.bookmarket.com/15000eyeballs.htm – Ten lessons on how to get thousands of impressions for you, your book, your blog, or your website. $50
Book Marketing Magic: http://www.bookmarket.com/novelmarketing.htm – How to market novels, children’s books, memoirs,
and more. $48 special offer