Amazon has recently created a Send to Kindle button plugin that can be used with any WordPress blog or website. You can add the button automatically to all your new and old posts and pages.
It’s simple to add this new plugin (it’s just weeks old). Here are the steps for adding the Send to Kindle plugin to your WordPress site.
1. Go to your Plugins page via your WordPress dashboard.
2. Click on the Add New button.
3. Search for Send to Kindle and click the Search Plugins button.
4. Click on the Install Now button and then click on the OK button of the resulting pop-up.
5. After the plugin is uploaded, click on the Activate Plugin link.
6. Then click on the Send to Kindle option on your dashboard sidebar.
7. Then select your look and feel like I did in the example here. Once you have what you want, click the Save Changes button. Now your blog posts and pages (if you chose both) will featured a Send to Kindle button any visitor can use.
Note: If you have the WordPress Jetpack installed, you can add the Send to Kindle button to your social share buttons.
One reader let me know that this doesn’t work for WordPress.com free blogs because WordPress.com doesn’t support outside plugins. Alas.