Here is the summary of a wonderful infographic featured on Infographic A Day.
Create a Great LinkedIn Profile
1. Update your status regularly.
2. Have a professional photo.
3. Complete all the fields in your profile, including newly added fields.
4. Update your jobs to feature keywords in your titles and descriptions.
5. Update applications to showcase your interests: Amazon reading list, slideshows, blog posts.
6. Write a catchy headline and summary.
Join LinkedIn Groups
7. Join new groups relevant to your interests.
8. Start a discussion relevant to the group.
9. Comment on discussions others have started.
10. Add a promotion for special events or upcoming classes.
11. Connect with people you’ve interacted with in groups.
12. Start a group to connect to like-minded people.
13. Read popular discussions to learn what people want to know.
Participate in LinkedIn Answers
14. Post a question in LinkedIn Answers.
15. Answer questions related to your interests.
16. Search questions about your topic to see what people want help with.
Connect with Your Connections
17. Comment on the status of your connections.
18. Add the Rapportive.com email tool to your email to connect with other LinkedIn users.
19. Write recommendations for close professional contacts.
20. Request recommendations from close contacts.
21. Request LinkedIn introductions to those you could collaborate with.
22. Send messages to those in your network – birthday wishes, interesting articles, etc.
23. Search for people to connect with.
24. Respond to messages in your inbox.
Promote Your Company
25. Create your company page.
26. Add products and services to your page.
27. Request reviews from clients.
28. Post jobs for potential applicants.
29. Make sure employees and associates add your company to their profiles.
30. Connect your blog and Twitter accounts to your page.
Grow Your Connections
31. Look at the LinkedIn People You May Know recommendations every time you log in.
32. Add your email connections to your network.
33. Invite real-world friends and connections to your network.
34. Invite thought-leaders and influencers to your network.
35. Add your current business connections.
36. Add long-lost connections.
37. View the connections of your contacts for potential new connections.
About John Kremer
John Kremer is author of 1001 Ways to Market Your Books, the Relationships Matter Marketing program, and many other books and reports on book marketing, Internet marketing, social media, and book publicity. -- John Kremer on Book Marketing.
Pingback: John Kremer’s Freebie of the Day: How to Use LinkedIn | Book Marketing Bestsellers
Pingback: The Top 10 Social Media Marketing Blog Posts of 2013 | Book Marketing Bestsellers