Are you involved in advertising online – either banner ads, Google ads, Facebook ads, or other online ads? Then you should read Adobe’s report linked below.
Meanwhile, here are just a few of the insights from Adobe’s State of Online Advertising report:
- Magazine readers are twice as likely to read an ad and pay attention to it than TV viewers to enjoy a commercial.
- 68% of consumers don’t like online advertising.
- 54% say that banner ads don’t work (probably more advertisers would say the same thing).
- 53% of consumers agree that most marketing is a bunch of BS.
- Advertisers and marketers are considered less valuable than teachers, scientists, bankers, and even politicians – but at least as valuable as dancers and actors.
- 53% of Facebook users would like a dislike button.
For more details, see: http://infographicaday.com/infographic-online-marketing-is-failing-with-consumers
About John Kremer
John Kremer is author of 1001 Ways to Market Your Books, the Relationships Matter Marketing program, and many other books and reports on book marketing, Internet marketing, social media, and book publicity. -- John Kremer on Book Marketing.
Pingback: Book Marketing Tip of the Week: 31 October 2012 | Book Marketing Bestsellers